– Device projects game onto wall, utilizing cameras & projectors built into modern computers / phones / tablets or available as an attachment / accessory.
– Wall surface instead of the typical screen allows ball to bounce back for continuous play, offers increased location flexibility.
– Select from menu which equipment to be used, calibrates damage / hit points according to projectile weight & speed.
– Calculates / speed & position using “launch monitor” and related technology used in sport simulators. Calls for two camera-equipped devices setup at 90 degree angles, connected via wifi / bluetooth / cellular.
– Potential modes: athletic simulation, combat / shooting, puzzle, music / rhythm, math / educational, others TBD.
– Range of sports available incl. lacrosse / hurling, baseball / batting cage, soccer / hockey, tennis / racquetball, archery / throwing, quarterback challenge, etc.
– Augmented glasses / VR alternative to projection, drawbacks: may interfere with helmet / protective gear, proximity of electric fields to the head not ideal for long-term use.
– Higher FPS camera / lens preferable, potential to scale back features based on technology specs. Goal is to have some compatibility with the least expensive entry level device possible, even if this means reduced functionality.
– Some shielding advised to avoid ricochet damage. For golf the screen remains preferred surface.